I finally did it. I made a boozy version of my favorite summertime beverage: sparkling Arnold Palmer sangria 🙌🏻.
For those of you who don't know, an Arnold Palmer is a non alcoholic combo of half iced tea and half lemonade. Named after Arnold Palmer, the golf pro who created and popularized this drink, it's my go to warm weather beverage. In my opinion, he was an absolute genius to come with something so simple yet so thirst quenching and refreshing.
Soooo....boozy version yes??? I thought so.
Step one: brew tea and chill. I like earl grey tea and have a ton of it hanging around my kitchen, but any basic black tea will do!
Step two: stir together chilled tea, prosecco, lemonade, your choice of gin or vodka, and a bunch of delectable fresh summer time fruit with a handful of mint leaves. You can also add some sprite for a little more sweetness so that you don't over do it on the lemonade. Up to you!
Sparkling Arnold Palmer sangria, making deliciously great things even greater 😆. Recipe below!Print
Thirst quenching classic golf pro combo of half iced tea and half lemonade with prosecco, gin (or vodka), and fresh summer fruit!
- 3 black tea bags (I used earl grey)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 2 cups lemonade
- ½ cup your favorite gin or vodka (I used Bombay Sapphire Gin)
- Optional: 1 cup sprite (more or less as desired) for sweetness/more bubbles
- ½ cup to 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2-3 fresh peaches, sliced
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Brew tea bags in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bags and pour tea into a heat proof container. Let cool completely and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large pitcher, stir together all ingredients until combined. Chill for 30 minutes or so to let the flavors infuse.
- Pour over ice to serve with a few fresh mint leaves and blueberries to garnish. Enjoy chilled!