Are you ready for the ultimate comfort food? One pot stovetop mac and cheese 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻.
No baking necessary. Just creamy, cheesy perfection like the mac and cheese from your childhood.
In ONE pot too! Does it get any better??? Simple and quick to make, simple and quick to clean up 👍🏻!
Let's discuss the magic of this one pot stovetop mac and cheese:
First, melt butter and whisk in flour for creamy perfection.
Second, pour in milk, water, spices and UNCOOKED pasta. You don't have even have to pre-boil the elbow macaroni! Cook to al dente.
Once the pasta is ready, remove the pot from heat and stir in the cheese....
That's it!!! Love it right?? Easy peezy and soooo delicious.
One pot stovetop mac and cheese for the ultimate win! You know you want some 😎, recipe below.Print
The ultimate comfort food. Super creamy and simply made in just one pot with cheddar, parmesan, and gruyere cheese.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose, unbleached flour
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently, until the mixture starts to turn golden.
- Slowly pour in the water and milk, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in all spices and elbow macaroni. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium low. Maintain the simmer but stir occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Cook 8-9 minutes, until pasta is al dente (do not overcook pasta!).
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses until melted and smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately.