Happy Wednesday! I don't know about you but I'm getting through the rest of this week with super flavorful and super easy skillet garlic butter steak and potatoes.
This past weekend I went on an amazing trip to Atlanta to visit my sister with my mom for Mother's Day, SO MUCH FUN! We hit ponce city market, the botanical gardens, and had some awesome fun in the sun pool time with couple French 75's and some Frosé 😎.
As much fun as vacations are, don't you just hate it when you get back to start the work week and there's nothing in the fridge? Well, this skillet garlic butter steak and potatoes dinner has saved my life this week.
A one pot, gluten free meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make, AND it's steak! With potatoes! Smothered in herbs, garlic, and butter!! Have I won you over yet?
Cook up the potatoes in the skillet with garlic, herbs, a little butter and olive oil. Set aside and cook the steak in the same pot with more butter, garlic and herbs. Add the potatoes back to warm them up and...boom! That's it! Delicious, quick, and easy. Plus clean up is a cinch!
Skillet garlic butter steak and potatoes recipe time. Ready, set, go!Print
Quick and easy pan seared meal with juicy steak bites and crispy fingerling potatoes coated in a delectable garlic butter herb sauce. Gluten free!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved horizontally
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and the extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Stir in half of the herbs and half of the garlic. Cook one more minute. Remove potatoes to a plate and set aside in a warm place.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Stir in steak, remaining garlic and herbs, and another pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes back to the pan and cook one more minute until warmed.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh parsley, and a pat of extra butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.