It’s official. No matter how chilly it is in the morning, the air conditioner is getting busted out every afternoon. Summer is on its way so it’s time for warm weather recipes because the oven is not happening these days. First off, cobb salad with dijon balsamic vinaigrette.
TBH I made this dish for the first time back when Dan was trying super hard to be keto and I had to be gluten-free for a hot second (doctor’s orders but no longer and never again so not to worry 😎). Since then, it has become a staple of our work week dinner recipes. It’s fresh, easy, and filling. What’s not to love??
My favorite thing about this cobb salad is that it has a little something for everyone. For me? The blue cheese. For Dan? The bacon. Oh and also avocado, OB-viously. We both from California after all 🥑😎.
Also, it’s got tons of protein! A little grilled (or roasted!) chicken and some hard boiled eggs (and bacon because let’s be real), and you’re good to go.
Summer is just around the corner. Beat it to the punch with this cobb salad and djion balsamic vinaigrette. Recipe coming right up!Print
Classic cobb salad with shredded chicken, hard boiled eggs, crispy bacon, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and a sprinkling of blue cheese drizzled with dijon balsamic vinaigrette.
For the Salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved and chopped
- 6–8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
For the Dijon Balsamic Dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together romaine, kale, tomatoes, bacon, and chicken. Pour dressing over the salad, and lightly toss. Top with blue cheese and avocado to serve.