Yup, I made more gin drinks. I should probably start making some cocktails with a different alcohol base for the sake of variety…but I don’t want to 😎. Not yet at least. Introducing the blueberry thyme gin fizz.
Yup. Another fizz drink. I realize this is getting repetitive but apparently this is my favorite type of beverage sooooo what can you do?
…Alright I promise my next cocktail share will be something different aka not a gin drink and not a fizz drink. Cool? Cool ok let’s talk about my new fave gin beverage, this blueberry thyme gin fizz.
Super quick, very simple, and OH so refreshing. Muddle up all the ingredients (except the club soda) in a cocktail shaker. Pour over ice. Add a splash of club soda and a little garnish and you’re all set.
Grab a glass 🥂. Recipe below!Print
A fun, refreshing summer twist on the classic cocktail with fresh blueberries and thyme.
- 2 ounces Gin (I used Bombay Sapphire Gin)
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (more or less as desired for sweetness)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Club soda
- Lemon slice or lemon twist, extra blueberries, thyme sprig to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, blueberries, and thyme leaves. Make sure to smash the blueberries up well!
- Pour into a glass over ice (I did not strain the muddled mixture). Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a lemon slice, fresh blueberries and a sprig of fresh thyme.
To make simple syrup: Combine 1/2 cup sugar and a 1/2 cup water in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Pour into a container and chill until completely cooled. Makes about 1/2 cup of syrup. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.