So I had a ton of Mexican food over the weekend, plus a little Indian food buffet and a blue crab feast complete with mallets thrown in there. Time to calm it down a little bit 🤣. Starting the week off easy with an avocado egg salad bagel sandwich.
Mash up a simple (yet ever so tasty) classic egg salad with mayo, a couple types of mustard, paprika, fresh dill and fresh chives with salt and pepper to taste.
Dress it up by layering your sandwich with avocado, provolone cheese, cucumber slices, radish slices, and a handful of microgreens. Oh and my favorite part? Smoosh it between a cream cheese spread everything bagel!
I could eat everything bagels pretty much every day of my life. Honestly, I have to actually try not to, it’s embarrassing. We just can’t have them in the house 😅. So this sandwich was the perfect excuse to sneak a few into the pantry 😉.
Anyhoo, let’s get this Monday rolling. Start your week off a little lighter with an avocado egg salad bagel sandwich! Recipe below 👍🏻.Print
A classic egg salad recipe dressed up with avocado, cucumber, provolone cheese, radishes, microgreens, and cream cheese layered between an everything bagel.
For the Egg Salad
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and roughly diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Sandwich
- 2–3 everything bagels
- Avocado slices
- Provolone cheese slices
- Cucumber slices
- Radish slices
- Cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, mash together all ingredients for the egg salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread everything bagels with cream cheese on tops and bottoms.
- Layer together sandwich as follows: everything bagel and cream cheese bottom, avocado, provolone cheese, cucumber, radishes, egg salad, microgreens, and everything bagel and cream cheese top.
- Slice in half and enjoy!