Hi happy Friday! Anyone have any big Easter plans? Personally I can’t wait to get to the weekend so today’s dish will be the epitome of taking it easy. Introducing the chopped wedge salad!
I’m so lazy today that I had to make the classic wedge salad even easier to eat 😂. It’s the exact same thing as a wedge salad just not an entire wedge that you have to cut as you go. Instead, chop it all up and throw it in a bowl! Like I said, could not be any easier.
A couple twists:
First, a romaine lettuce heart. Iceberg lettuce is great for crunch but it’s 95% water so I wanted a little bit more nutrition and flavor in my salad.
Second, a sprinkling of dill. Fresh herbs always lend a great refreshing taste to a salad!
PS. I totes cheated and just picked up my favorite blue cheese dressing at the store. Absolutely no regrets it’s amazing. Sometimes, it’s just so worth it.
I did however, by a fresh wedge of blue cheese. Instead of the crumbles, buy your favorite blue cheese and crumble it yourself for extra tastiness! SO much deeper in flavor.
Chopped wedge salad for the lazy win! Have a great holiday weekend and I’ll see you Monday 👋🏻!Print
Crisp and refreshing wedge salad recipe chopped into easy to eat bite sized pieces topped with tomatoes, bacon, and of course blue cheese!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core removed, quartered and roughly chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, core removed, quartered and roughly chopped
- 6 slices cooked bacon, roughly diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Your favorite blue cheese dressing
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuces, bacon, tomatoes and blue cheese.
- Drizzle with blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with fresh dill and ground black pepper. Enjoy!