So I FINALLY got around to making some lemon spinach artichoke dip. Been meaning to do this ever since I started blogging 🤣. Better late than never right??
Let’s talk appetizers. A cheese board is always a great idea for your happy hour get together but sometimes you just need something warm and bubbly, especially when the temps have been hovering around freezing for two weeks (honestly Seattle what’s even happening with our weather right now?). Lemon spinach artichoke dip to the rescue!
First off, the entire recipe takes only 30 minutes. Winning at life.
Second, this isn’t just your regular, 1950’s style spinach artichoke dip. This is lemon spinach artichoke dip, with a few more surprises! You’ll be amazed how much of a difference a little lemon zest makes in this dish: fresh, light flavor and a little tang!
Those other surprises? Freshly chopped dill, a little paprika, and a sprinkling of feta cheese for extra deliciousness.
Top this lemon spinach artichoke with lemon slices and more fresh dill for a crowd pleasing appetizer! Recipe coming up below...Print
Jazz up this classic appetizer with a little citrus twist. Lemon zest, fresh dill, and a sprinkling of feta cheese make this dip stand out from any other appetizer on the table!
- 1 - 12 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly thawed
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed, and liquid squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill + extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Sliced lemons, ground black pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8X8 baking dish or small, oven safe pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients except for ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese, half of the feta cheese, and half of the paprika. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese, parmesan cheese, and paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until warmed through and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and garnish with lemon slices, fresh dill, and ground black pepper for garnish. Serve immediately with toasted baguette slices or your favorite dipping crackers!