Don’t you just love when you look back through your photos and find an entire recipe locked, loaded and ready to go that you completely forgot about two months ago? I can say as a food blogger, YES I do! It’s like finding money you forgot about in your jeans pocket. Awesome feeling right?
So it turns out, I have one more winter-esque recipe to share before we dive into spring: chicken apple brussels sprouts salad!
By the way, did you know it’s spelled brussels sprouts not brussel sprouts? I’m ashamed to say I did not and am fairly certain I have previous recipe posts with the misspelled version 😳. Whooooops. I can’t actually change the past ones either (messes up the links and all that jazz) but I promise to spell it right from here on out!
So anyhoo, chicken apple brussels sprouts salad. Just 5 ingredients plus a fresh, homemade vinaigrette. Lemme say that again: just 5 ingredients!!! Plus if you're using leftover, already cooked chicken you can throw this salad together in 5-10 minutes flat.
Easy peezy, delicious and healthy too! It's gluten free and dairy free 🙌🏻 (told you this recipe was from a couple months ago aka "healthy" January 😂).
PS. I made this chicken apple brussels sprouts salad twice in one week I love it so much. Betting you will too! Brussels sprouts for the win 👊🏻.Print
Just 5 ingredients! Fresh shredded brussels sprouts, chicken, apples, dried cranberries, and walnuts paired with an apple cider vinaigrette. Dairy and gluten free!
For the Salad
- 1 lb cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts, halved vertically and thinly sliced horizontally
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 crisp, red apples, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (lightly toasted if desired)
For the Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients and half of the dressing until mixed and coated. Drizzle remaining dressing on top as desired. Serve immediately.