This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Since this holiday season tends to be a little overloaded with heavier, longer, and more complicated recipes, I thought we might take a quick break. Introducing one of my all time favorite breakfast toasts to date, the strawberry mascarpone cinnamon raisin breakfast toast!
And in case you were wondering, yes I still have a cold. It will NOT go away. It just keeps lingering and I'm at a complete loss. I feel much more normal now but my nose is justthe worst and my voice sounds like a frog. Still, it's a little bit better every day, just taking foreverrrr.
The reason I bring this up is because having a cold constantly does take its toll. This time of year is an important time for this blog and I have been slacking, trying to rest and heal and all that. But now that I seem to be on the mend I promise I'll get back all of your comments and e-mails pronto 👍🏻.
Now, onward to strawberry mascarpone cinnamon raisin breakfast toast! I made this recipe with Christmas in mind; red, green and a little on the sweeter side 😊.
It's light, refreshing, easy and only takes 10 minutes to make!
If you're thinking this recipe is strongly reminiscent of my cherry mascarpone breakfast toast, you would be correct. While adding a few more winter friendly ingredients, I used the same base recipe. Also, because it's Christmastime, I switched out the pugliese bread for an artisan cinnamon raisin loaf and sprinkled everything with a little bit of cinnamon sugar (It's treat yo self season!!! High five to all the Parks and Rec lovers out there).
Alright friends. Without further ado, recipe for strawberry mascarpone cinnamon raisin breakfast toast coming right up!Print
Strawberry Mascarpone Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Toast
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Strawberry Mascarpone Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Toast - Quick, easy, little bite of sweet in the morning. Made in just 10 minutes!
- 4 slices artisan cinnamon raisin bread, ½ inch thick
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ teaspoon mint, minced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme, minced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- Honey for drizzling
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Brush slices of bread with olive oil. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bread slices and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool 1 minute.
- Spread each slice with a layer of mascarpone cheese, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and top with sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, mint, thyme and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Simplemente maravillosa y deliciosa receta