I made Halloween Deviled Eggs and I LOVE THEM! They are arts and craftsy looking, a little squishy, and by no means perfect. Aka the best. Lemme tell you why.
First, because obviously they’re called Halloween deviled eggs. No party is complete without deviled eggs and these ones are dressed for the occasion. Adorable right?
Second, I absolutely love deviled eggs. And I absolutely love Halloween. No brainer!
Third, they’re super tasty.
Fourth, they’re an absolute hit with children! Perfect for Halloween 🎃. In this particular Halloween deviled eggs assortment, we have: spiders, pumpkins, green eyed monsters, and devils (“deviled” eggs! I couldn’t resist). How fun is that?!
Oh and also, these Halloween deviled eggs are WAY easier than you’d think!
The spiders: regular filling, and some artfully sliced up olives.
The pumpkins: add a little paprika and turmeric to the filling for color and extra yums, plus a little slice of a chive for the stem. If you’re feeling super creative, add some more artfully sliced olives for the jack o’ lantern face.
The devils: regular filling, with more artfully sliced olives and red bell pepper for horns.
The green eyed monsters: guacamole deviled egg filling. Yummmmm.
You may have noticed I didn’t mention where the spider and green eyed monster eyes came from. Those are, in fact, candy eyes. Not a taste that particularly goes with deviled eggs but I couldn’t resist!
Having a Halloween soirée this year? Definitely try Halloween deviled eggs, especially if there’s any kiddos around!Print
The perfect appetizer for any Halloween get together! Try this assortment of deviled egg spiders, pumpkins, devils, and green eyed monsters.
Make the Pumpkin Filling
- Before filling the regular deviled eggs, remove ⅓ of the yolk filling and place in a small bowl. Add a couple dashes of paprika and turmeric until you reach desired orange color and taste. Stir until completely combined.
- Fill ¼ of the eggs with the pumpkin filling, and the rest with the regular filling.
Decorate Deviled Eggs
- Pumpkin deviled eggs: Top orange filled deviled eggs with a small slice of chive and sliced olives for a jack o'lantern face.
- Spider deviled eggs: Top ½ of the regular filled deviled eggs with 1 half of a sliced olive for the body. Slice remaining olive half to make legs and place 4 on each side of the body. Add 1 small candy eye if desired.
- "Devil" deviled eggs: Top remaining half of regular filled deviled eggs with sliced red bell pepper for horns, candy eyes, and sliced olives for the mouth.
- Green Eyed Monster deviled eggs: Top guacamole deviled eggs with 1 large candy eye.
- Sprinkle all as desired with pepper and more paprika. Keep chilled until ready to eat!