Healthy sheet pan sausage and veggies, because right now, with this weather, dinner needs to be super simple and super easy.
I legit got a severe weather alert on my phone for record breaking heat this week.
Ummmm gross. But honestly, I can only have salads for so many meals in a row. So it's time to switch it up!
The next step up from salads for me is a sheet pan meal. Keep it easy, simple, and quick with little mess and super fast clean up! I’m still trying to stay on the healthier side of life so this sheet pan sausage and veggies is low in fat and gluten free 😎.
So. The one and only trick with this dish? Dice the potatoes into ½ inch pieces while dicing the rest of the veggies into 1 inch pieces. This ensures that everything will be cooked through and ready to eat at the same time!
Oh and you just toss everything together on the sheet pan, cook on the sheet pan, and then eat (off the sheet pan if you really want to 😆). You even cook the corn right in the cob alongside the veggies. So easy right??
Healthy, filling, and delicious sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe coming right up!Print
- 13 ounces sausage (I used chicken garlic sausage, kielbasa also works well!), sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 ears of corn, husks on
- 2 zucchini, halved and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, diced into 1 inch pieces
- ½ yellow onion, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet or grease with nonstick spray.
- Gently toss all ingredients together on the prepared baking sheet, except the ears of corn and cilantro, and spread into an even layer on the tray, leaving a space for the ears of corn.
- Place the ears of corn in the empty space on the baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Remove the corn and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn the oven onto broil. Broil the remaining sausage and veggies for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When ears of corn are cool enough to touch, remove the husks and slice the kernels off the cob. Add the kernels to the sheet tray and top with cilantro as desired. Serve immediately.