One pot meals? Huge fan right here. There’s nothing better than making an entire meal in one receptacle.
Easy to put together and SO easy to clean up! My current fave? Skillet flank steak and veggies.
Who doesn’t love a huge pan full of tender, marinated steak and the vegetables to go with? Dan pretty much devoured this one.
I’ve been trying to pay attention to what kind of “category”, apart from type of meal, each of my recipes fall into. This skillet flank steak and veggies happens to be gluten-free! I legit never plan on a recipe fitting into a particular diet, but I’m always so excited when one does.
Side note: I made SUPER sure I cooked the steak medium rare to rare. This is because I don’t do “well”. Since a flank steak is so large, the ends are most definitely going to cook quite a bit more than the middle. So by cooking my steak medium rare or just rare, I never went above medium well on any piece 👌🏻.
Also, real quick about that chimichurri sauce. DE-licious. After this I pretty much want to add it to every simple meat dish ever. It’s so fresh and flavorful, yet so simple! A great way to add a little extra something to a grilled chicken breast, grilled shrimp, or a little skillet flank with veggies 😉.Print
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Steak and Veggies
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs flank steak
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 3–4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a sealable plastic bag or large bowl. Add the steak and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for chimichurri. Let sit at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add the marinated flank steak to the pan and cook 4-5 minutes on each side for rare to medium rare. Add a minute per side for desired doneness. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting, wipe out pan. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes, until somewhat softened.
- Stir in asparagus, garlic, and scallions. Cook 5 minutes until asparagus is softened.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in tomatoes and a few spoonfuls of chimichurri sauce. Place the steak back in the pan and top with remaining sauce. Slice and serve immediately.
Depending on how you prefer to serve, you can also slice the steak before placing it back in the skillet and stir it in with the veggies.