Lemon blueberry poppy seed bread. How have I not shared this before? I'm serious though.
This is one of my breakfast FAVES so I dunno what happened. Anyway, better late than never right??
Why is this one of my faves you ask? Perfectly soft crumb, juicy blueberries, tangy lemon zest and that extra poppyseed flavor make for a slice of heaven in the morning. Or in the evening because let's be real. I'll eat a little bit of this lemon blueberry poppy seed bread all day every day. The hubby especially enjoys this recipe. He's been asking for it every weekend!
Important to note: You might think the dough is too thick. Nope! It's just awesome like that. That thick dough cooks up fluffy, golden, and soft, just perfect! Smooth it out a bit in the pan before you cook it, plunk a few blueberries on top for that burst look, and you're good to go.
Quick tangent. I was doing SO well with Bodyboss. Then this week, I just couldn't. Does that ever happen to you? That cold that is somehow lingering around in your lungs or something starts to rear its ugly head and I felt like falling face down on the bed all day, let alone working out! So far though, only missed 2 work outs out of 6 weeks. Pretty pleased with myself. And they were the "extra workouts", a day of cardio and a 6 minute power up.
Not too shabby right? All that working out does give me an excuse to eat pretty much whatever I want 😎. Since I already do that wether I'm exercising or not, I figure it can't hurt! Case and point: a slice of lemon blueberry poppy seed...with ALL the butter spread on top 🤣. You can never have too much butter (I take my Julia Child quite seriously).
Alright guys. It's an absolutely gorgeous day outside, the sun is shining and everything so I gotta run. Grab a slice of lemon blueberry poppy seed bread with all the butter because you only live once and enjoy!Print
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8X4 bread pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and melted butter. Whisk in eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and yogurt until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and poppyseeds.
- Stir flour mixture and milk into the wet mixture until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter (it will be thick!) into prepared baking pan. Bake for 1 hour to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.