"Eye of newt, toe of frog. Wing of bat, tongue of dog.
Adder's fork and blind worm's sting...Barbados lime is just the thing.
Fragias salt, like a sailor's stubble...flip the switch, and let the cauldron bubble!"
Jealous right?? TBH though, I prefer my classic margaritas on the rocks but add a few strawberries and I'm ALL about the blender.
Apart from being ridiculously refreshing, absolutely delicious, and oh so festive, frozen strawberry margaritas take less than 5 minutes to make. It's amazing. WHY do we not drink these all the time?
Probably the tequila. But still. Point made right?
Ok seriously WHO'S ready for one of these? Also, anyone else think midnight margaritas need to be a thing? Maybe we should start tomorrow night, or Saturday morning, whatever you wanna call it. Frozen strawberry margaritas at midnight for Cinco de Mayo. See you and a little Practical Magic there!Print
- 5 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau (you can also use triple sec)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Agave nectar or simple syrup to sweeten, as desired
- Coarse salt, lime zest for the glass rims
- Run a lime slice along the rim of your margarita glass. Dip the rim of the glass onto a small plate with coarse salt and lime zest until coated. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, except for the agave. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener as desired. Start with a small amount. Blend after each addition and taste again (I prefer mine with little to no sweetener but most people like a touch of sweet).
- Pour into rimmed glasses, garnish with a slice of lime and a small strawberry. Serve immediately.