Whew! You know you’re too busy when Sunday night comes around and you’ve totally forgotten to write up your blog post for Monday morning ????. Where does the time go??
Yet somehow, I managed to marathon the good place, re-watch some stranger things episodes, and hit up some Skyrim gaming time. Apparently, I needed a break and didn’t even know it.
Good news though! I’m back on it, finally getting into the groove after the holidays. So, without further ado, let’s talk about these peanut chicken lettuce wraps.
I’m. Obsessed. These have quickly become a staple in our house. Super healthy and super quick! They legit take less than 20 minutes, and that’s mostly just for the rice to cook!
Confession: one of my favorite parts of this recipe is the rice. Jasmine rice with cilantro and lime zest? YES please! Truth is, I’m a major carb lover...Plus, it just makes these wraps that much more filling, an actual full meal instead of just an appetizer.
You can even make these peanut chicken lettuce wraps completely carb slash gluten-free by nixing the rice. Just double the rest of the recipe to make sure you’ve got enough filling.
Healthy, quick, and de-licious! Rock that January get fit resolution. Honestly though, we’ll be eating these all year long ????.Print
For the Filling
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced (I used ginger paste to make it easy)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon siracha (optional - more as desired)
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- Head of butter lettuce, rinsed
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish
For the Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- Make the rice: Rinse jasmine rice with water. Drain. Pour into a medium pot with 5 cups salted water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 12 minutes, until rice is tender and water has been absorbed. Remove from heat, add lime zest and cilantro and fluff with a fork. Set aside and keep warm.
- While rice is cooking, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, and siracha. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the water chestnuts and green onion, reserving a tablespoon of the green onion for later. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until chestnuts have softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanuts, leaving a tablespoon or so for garnish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the wraps: Place two or three large spoonfuls of cilantro lime rice on top of a stack of 2-3 butter lettuce leaves. Top with heaping tablespoons of the chicken filling. Garnish with the remaining green onion, peanuts, and some fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.