It's OCTOBER!!!! I got knocked on my butt this week by a serious flu/not flu. No fever but absolutely everything else so a midweek break was necessary. Some nap time and a Stranger Things binge to get into the October spirit and I'm feeling much better! So much better that I can finally share with you some serious Autumn food: Puff Pastry Baked Brie with Fig and Candied Walnuts.
OMG the melty, cheesy goodness ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️. Do you see this?!?
There is NOTHING BETTER than melty baked Brie. Except maybe a baked Brie topped with sweet fig jam and covered with fluffy puff pastry ????.
And you know what? It's so simple and takes barely anytime at all! Scrape off some of the rind on the top of the Brie, spread with your fave fig jam, and wrap up in puff pastry. I do suggest a quick egg wash on the pastry to give it that perfectly browned look. Bake for 25 minutes and there you go! The perfect, cheesy autumn appetizer.
Also, it only takes 25 minutes to bake. 25 minutes! I brought this to a little sunday football viewing and it was gone within the hour! Easy, quick, and delicious. Plus it just looks like autumn on a plate doesn't it ?????????????
Alright you guys. Do yourself a favor and bake up some of this Puff Pastry Baked Brie with Fig and Candied Walnuts and enjoy this fall season!Print
For the Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 ounce brie wheel
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- Honey, for drizzling
- Egg wash (1 egg yolk whisked together with 1 tablespoon water)
- Fresh sliced figs, pomegranate seeds, candied walnuts, fresh thyme for garnish
For the Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- For the walnuts: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and add walnuts, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently to avoid the walnuts sticking together. Remove them to piece of parchment paper and let cool.
- Place brie wheel in the center of the sheet of parchment paper. Scrape off a little of the rind on the top of the brie. Spread fig jam on top and fold the corners of the pastry over the brie.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, fresh fig slices, thyme, candied walnuts, and a drizzle of honey. Serve with your favorite baguette or crackers and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins