For the Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 ounce brie wheel
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- Honey, for drizzling
- Egg wash (1 egg yolk whisked together with 1 tablespoon water)
- Fresh sliced figs, pomegranate seeds, candied walnuts, fresh thyme for garnish
For the Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- For the walnuts: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and add walnuts, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently to avoid the walnuts sticking together. Remove them to piece of parchment paper and let cool.
- Place brie wheel in the center of the sheet of parchment paper. Scrape off a little of the rind on the top of the brie. Spread fig jam on top and fold the corners of the pastry over the brie.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, fresh fig slices, thyme, candied walnuts, and a drizzle of honey. Serve with your favorite baguette or crackers and enjoy!