Hiii!!! We're back in Seattle!! It took me a little bit longer to get over the jet lag than I thought. That business is no joke but I'm finally back on track and just in time for the start of autumn! And it couldn't look more like fall outside; the leaves are changing, a brisk breeze is blowing, and the clouds have been rolling in and out all day. Also it FINALLY cooled down and I can actually use the oven and bake again. So lets start Autumn off strong with a little Cinnamon Apple Bread!
Ok so quick note: YES! We're got married!!! I'm officially a Missus ????. Then we went on an AMAZING vacation to Japan and Hawaii, almost a full two weeks away! I can't wait to tell you all about it, but in leiu of my ridiculous jet lag I haven't been able to get myself around to uploading the bajillion photos that I took. But I promise they'll be coming shortly!
In the meantime, let's talk about this Cinnamon Apple Bread.
I'm pretty sure you're all aware by now of how much I love autumn. I've only been talking since.....well probably last autumn. This particular recipe? I made at the beginning of August because it was just SO close. Yet so far....Took till this weekend for the weather to really prove it was time for fall! Although honestly, I was in extremely hot and sticky yet absolutely awesome Japan and then a quick stint in Hawaii so maybe it was just me ????.
But now the Autumn equinox is behind us and my favorite time of year has begun. Surprisingly enough, this Cinnamon Apple Bread doesn't even have pumpkin spice in it! Just cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice ????.
And it's de-lish! If I do say so myself ????. Full of all that yummy apple and walnut goodness that you crave in the fall. A little brown sugar and some more spices are mixed together with them to lend this bread even more flavor. Also, nothing tricky here! Mix the dry, mix the wet, combine, bake, done.
I guess this is more of a breakfast bread, I ate this at pretty much every meal every day while it was in the house. A definite fall staple!
Eat a slice of this Cinnamon Apple Bread right out of the oven with a pat of butter! Disclaimer: It might fall apart a bit when cut if it's right out of the oven. It needs a few minutes to cool and firm up, but honestly, slice and eat it right away, it's totally worth it.Print
For the Bread
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Apples
- 2 cups apples, diced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together ingredients for apples in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Whisk in egg, vanilla extract, applesauce and milk. Stir in apple and walnut mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with a few leftover walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Turn loaf out onto a wire rack and cool for another 5 minutes.