Guess what we did this weekend...picked out our wedding bands!! We went through the same people that did my engagement ring, Seattle Diamonds, and they're just the best. I don't wanna spoil it too much, but I promise you'll get to see them in September ????.
As if the day could get any better, afterwards...we went to Costco. A truly magical day. I've been wanting to get a membership there for years! It was my favorite store as a kid because free????????food ????????samples. Nothing has changed. It's still pretty much my favorite store. And yes. I ate all the free samples. Including a delicious spinach ravioli bite...any guesses where this might be going ????? They were so tasty, I had to get the enormous 4 lb package, cuz that's Costco for you, but it was totally worth it. Also, my last ravioli recipe dates back to november of 2016, and it's currently July of 2017...it's been too long. SO! Cheers to Creamy White Wine Mushroom Spinach Ravioli!
I don't know about you but the 4th of July was a legit food marathon. Started the day off with bratwurst dogs and several helpings of Cheetos because I can't help myself. A couple strawberry lemonade Mimosas were consumed. Steak and shrimp kabobs for mid morning snack. Burgers potato salad, all the chips, cookies, and another mimosa for lunch. All on the waters edge at golden gardens. It was wonderful. A beautiful sunny day on the water with more food than you can imagine. The aftermath means...maybe something a little lighter for dinner tonight? Ergo, creamy white wine mushroom spinach ravioli.
For this mushroom spinach ravioli, white wine is a must. I used a crisp Chardonnay but any dry white wine will do.
Whenever I make any kind of creamy white sauce (cheesy macaroni sauce aside), I gotta have white wine. If only to have a glass alongside the final product ????????. It deglazes the pan to get all that delicious browned bits off the bottom and also adds so much flavor to any sauce. Throw some mushrooms and garlic into the pan and we're in business!
Since I could legit just eat this sauce over plain pasta, I made sure to add some nourishing veggies to the mix. Mushrooms and fresh spinach, along with ricotta and three cheese + spinach stuffed ravioli makes for a filling, yet lighter than all-that-BBQ meal perfect for any summer evening.
So save some of that Chardonnay and pour yourself a glass alongside creamy white wine mushroom spinach ravioli and enjoy!Print
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon AP flour
- ¼ cup white wine (I used chardonnay)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan + extra for garnish
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ lbs spinach and cheese ravioli
- Fresh parsley, roughly minced
- Cook spinach and cheese ravioli according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have softened and released their juices, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté one minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in flour, cooking until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour white wine into the pan, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in chicken broth, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook 2-3 minutes, until somewhat thickened.
- Still on low heat, slowly pour in milk and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese and spinach, mix completely. Cook until sauce is somewhat thickened and spinach has wilted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked ravioli to the pan and gently stir until warmed through and coated in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan, parsley and ground black pepper.