Guess what spring brings??? No clue?...Purple asparagus!!!
I know I know. WHO would get excited about asparagus? RIGHT here friends! Spring brings a plethora of fun, unique produce you can only find for a couple months out of the year, so time to take advantage of it! And I think you're going to like this one, there's brie and puff pastry involved ????. Ergo, Spring Asparagus Brie Tart!
An easy, quick recipe you can whip up in just 30 minutes! Great for that last minute get together when you need a savory appetizer to tide everyone over till dinner. It's filling enough to keep everyone happy but not too much so that there's still room for your snazzy entree.
That Brie though. I know this Spring Asparagus Brie Tart is supposed to be about the asparagus....but I'm all about that brie. And this has a whole wedge of it. And it's aweeesome. Whisked with an egg and some freshly grated parmesan, it melts up into the perfect cheesy custard-esque base for the asparagus. Paired with the fluffy, light, crispy puff pastry? ????????????????.
We should probably talk about the Asparagus in this Spring Asparagus Brie Tart. I used both purple and green asparagus to create a nice color contrast, topped with some fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. Favorite part about this recipe (other than the brie of course)? No need to blanch the asparagus!!! Just trim the woody ends, place them on the brie layer, top with cheese and bake! Don't even have to toss them in olive oil. Ahh easy convenience ????????.
So grab some purple asparagus and enjoy the springtime while you can!Print
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 ounces brie, rind removed
- 16 stems purple and green asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning
- Fresh thyme, minced parsley, ground black pepper to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Place puff pastry sheet on top of the dusted paper. Poke the puff pastry a few times with a fork.
- In a standing mixer or with a hand held mixer in a small bowl, whisk together brie, egg and 1/4 cup of the parmesan until combined (it'll be quite chunky, this is fine! it'll melt together into a creamy base).
- Gently spread brie mixture in a thin layer on top of the puff pastry.
- Lay asparagus on top of the brie mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes on a middle rack in the oven, until puff pastry has risen around the asparagus and turns golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Top with fresh thyme, parsley, and pepper as desired. Serve warm.