- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 ounces brie, rind removed
- 16 stems purple and green asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or Italian Seasoning
- Fresh thyme, minced parsley, ground black pepper to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Place puff pastry sheet on top of the dusted paper. Poke the puff pastry a few times with a fork.
- In a standing mixer or with a hand held mixer in a small bowl, whisk together brie, egg and 1/4 cup of the parmesan until combined (it’ll be quite chunky, this is fine! it’ll melt together into a creamy base).
- Gently spread brie mixture in a thin layer on top of the puff pastry.
- Lay asparagus on top of the brie mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes on a middle rack in the oven, until puff pastry has risen around the asparagus and turns golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Top with fresh thyme, parsley, and pepper as desired. Serve warm.