- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguini to al dente according to box instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When the butter stops bubbling, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Flip shrimp, add garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add white wine and the remaining two tablespoons butter. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 more minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add linguini and stir to combine. Serve immediately.