The Fourth of July is in three days my friends! Do you have all your foods thought up and ready to go? Amidst all the bbq grilling and sandy beach plans, make sure you remember your side dishes! Which brings me to this Creamy Avocado Potato Salad! I know I know. It's green. But that's due to the delicious avocado and mustard "dressing" that I plopped on top of these roasted yukon potatoes, asparagus and broccoli to make a heart healthy side dish for any bbq meal! ????????????
BY the by, it's vegan. I just love when that happens. To be frank, I don't usually set out to make a vegan dish, they just end up being sans animal product ingredients due to sure luck and deliciousness. I was actually just going for a more healthy route, trying to avoid the heavy mayo addition to your usual potato salad. I tried one a while back that used avocado instead and LOVED it! Thus my green creation was born.
As always, I've made sure to also make this Creamy Avocado Potato Salad recipe as easy as I possibly can. Ergo, roasting the veggies instead of boiling! Throw the potatoes and broccoli on a pan, toss in some olive oil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, add asparagus for another 5 minutes and YAY! Cooking is done. Add celery, fresh dill, salt, pepper, and of course a quick blended (mashed, food processed, what have you) avocado and whole grain mustard for some texture. Basically 30 minutes to creamy, vegan, green (healthy!), perfection.
Alright guys! Happy Fourth of July and I'll see you at the beach! ????????☀️????Print
- 5 medium yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup asparagus tips (about 1 inch long)
- 1 cup fresh, small broccoli florettes
- 2 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh dill, stems removed, roughly chopped
- Chives, sliced thinly, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Toss potatoes and broccoli in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto a baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Add asparagus tips to the pan, stir a little to combine, and cook for another 5 minutes, until tips are tender.
- While potatoes are baking, use a food processor to blend the avocado until smooth. Add mustard, and a pinch of salt. Blend until combined.
- Remove veggies from pan to a large mixing bowl. Add celery, dill and the avocado mixture. Stir until completely combined.
- Garnish with chives. Serve warm or chilled.