Hey all! Who's excited for this three day weekend?? I for one cannot WAIT to have a massive sleep in for the next three days. Every morning this week has required an extraordinarily large amount of effort to get out of bed. It miiiiight have something to do with my awesome new Barre Method class I've been taking every week (summer is coming right?) and I LOVE IT!!!
Who would've thought I could like exercise? I've also discovered racquetball but I'll give you an update on that next week since the only time I've played so far I had a bum right wrist and had to use my left arm (I'm sure I looked ever so graceful and fabulous ????????????). Anyway, all this exercise makes me ravenous and I think these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches will do just the trick!
Guys. Do you like bleu cheese? I certainly hope so because this recipe is chock full of it! Bleu cheese dip, bleu cheese crumbles, more dip, more crumbles...see where I'm going with this? Mix the dip in with a little hot sauce and slather that on the bun...just all the bleu cheese. Why so much cheese you ask?
Number 1: You can never have enough cheese. So there's that.
Number 2: It perfectly compliments the spicy chicken rub and hot sauce drizzled on top of the bleu cheese cabbage coleslaw. Yes, you read that right. Bleu cheese cabbage coleslaw. Basically, your favorite bleu cheese dip (or a thick dressing) + cabbage mix = heavenly "coleslaw".
Still not sold? Maybe I forgot to mention it only takes 20 minutes to whip up these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. Mmmmmhm! Easy, tasty, spicy, bleu cheesy sandwiches in just 20 minutes. I was able to shorten the time down by switching from straight up chicken breast to thinly sliced chicken breast fillets. Coat them with a delectable spice mix, pan fry 5 minutes per side in some olive oil and throw onto a toasted bun. Then all you have to do is throw some cabbage and your favorite bleu cheese dip together in a bowl, plop on top of the chicken, top with bleu cheese crumbles, a mix of the dip and hot sauce, more hot sauce, more bleu cheese crumbles. Done and Done.
Seriously guys. Sink your teeth into one of these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and you'll understand the deliciousness ????????.Print
For the Buffalo Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sandwiches
- 4 burger buns, split lengthwise
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast filets
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups coleslaw cabbage mix
- 2 cups Bleu cheese dip or thick dressing (I used Lighthouse Chunky Bleu Cheese Dip)
- 2 cups bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Wings Buffalo Hot Sauce) + extra for drizzling
- Make the rub: Mix together the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl until completely combined.
- Heat 3 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Pat chicken filets dry with a paper towel. Rub spice mix on both sides of chicken. Pour the flour onto a plate and pull the chicken through the flour, coating each side. Tap gently to remove excess flour. Add chicken to heated skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for 5 more minutes, until middle is cooked and reaches 165˚F. Remove from heat.
- While chicken is cooking, toast the buns until slightly golden and mix together coleslaw cabbage mix with 1 cup of the bleu cheese dip. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining bleu cheese mix and the hot sauce until fully combined.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Spread the bleu cheese hot sauce mix on each one of the bun halves. Place a chicken filet on top of each bottom bun half. Using 1 ½ cups of bleu cheese crumbles and the coleslaw mix, top each chicken filet with same amount of crumbles and coleslaw. Top with the rest of the bleu cheese crumbles and drizzle with as much hot sauce as desired. Add the top bun and enjoy!