For the Buffalo Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sandwiches
- 4 burger buns, split lengthwise
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast filets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups coleslaw cabbage mix
- 2 cups Bleu cheese dip or thick dressing (I used Lighthouse Chunky Bleu Cheese Dip)
- 2 cups bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Hot Sauce) + extra for drizzling
- Make the rub: Mix together the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl until completely combined.
- Heat 3 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Pat chicken filets dry with a paper towel. Rub spice mix on both sides of chicken. Pour the flour onto a plate and pull the chicken through the flour, coating each side. Tap gently to remove excess flour. Add chicken to heated skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for 5 more minutes, until middle is cooked and reaches 165˚F. Remove from heat.
- While chicken is cooking, toast the buns until slightly golden and mix together coleslaw cabbage mix with 1 cup of the bleu cheese dip. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining bleu cheese mix and the hot sauce until fully combined.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Spread the bleu cheese hot sauce mix on each one of the bun halves. Place a chicken filet on top of each bottom bun half. Using 1 1/2 cups of bleu cheese crumbles and the coleslaw mix, top each chicken filet with same amount of crumbles and coleslaw. Top with the rest of the bleu cheese crumbles and drizzle with as much hot sauce as desired. Add the top bun and enjoy!