Let's make today a salad day. Spring time calls for fresh produce and lemony flavors so how about a 10 Minute Asparagus Caprese Salad with Basil Gremolata ? Yes? Excellent.
Seriously though, 10 minutes!!! This delicious, colorful dish takes only 10 minutes to make. Throw some trimmed asparagus in a pot of boiling water, cook for about 3-4 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water, and assemble your salad. Done!
I loaded this Asparagus Caprese Salad with some mozzarella balls, heirloom cherry tomatoes for color, lemon and olive oil then topped and with a fresh herb Gremolata. What is a Gremolata you ask? A super snazzy way of saying minced parsely, lemon and garlic mixed together. I added some minced basil to get give the salad more of a caprese feel along with the mozzarella and tomato.
Delicious, super pretty, and ridiculously easy to make, Asparagus Caprese Salad with Basil Gremolata is perfect as a side dish for dinner get togethers and all those outdoor patio parties coming up this season. Remember, just 10 minutes and you're salad is set!Print
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounce mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- While asparagus is cooking, make the gremolata by combining the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drain asparagus and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place asparagus on platter and top with tomatoes and mozzarella balls. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle gremolata mixture on top.
- Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with asparagus warmed or chilled.