- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounce mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- While asparagus is cooking, make the gremolata by combining the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drain asparagus and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place asparagus on platter and top with tomatoes and mozzarella balls. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle gremolata mixture on top.
- Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with asparagus warmed or chilled.