You guys! we did it! We made it through the holidays, and I’m hoping you all had an awesome time with family and friends?? I certainly did. My sister came to visit all the way from the east coast! We even saw Star Wars and everything (genuinely enjoyed it by the by, she’s the big fan but I was quite pleased). Now as fun as the holidays can be, I bet a big snazzy feast is probably not on your agenda any time soon. In that case, I have the perfect recipe for you: easy peezy Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili!
So. Easy. It’s perfect for the chilly winter weather coming up in the next couple months and all you have to do is throw everything into the slowcooker and press a button! Cook on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours (depends on your slow cooker) and dinner is served.
This Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili recipe also happens to be vegetarian, and EASILY vegan if you skip the sour cream and cheese garnish. You’re probably thinking say what??? It’s so warm, comforting and and delicious, it doesn’t even need meat. All right you guys, bust out that slow cooker!!!
- 30 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans (vegetarian), drained
- 15 oz can diced tomato
- 2 large green bell peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup mild to medium red salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn a 5 quart slow cooker on high (for a smaller slow cooker, use about half this recipe). Add the onion and garlic, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, tomato, bell pepper and corn. Pour in vegetable stock, salsa, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, 7 on low (depending on your stock pot).
- Add salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with green onion, cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream (skip sour cream and cheddar cheese for vegan version).