Mmm holiday season! Packages have started arriving on my front porch, we switched out the white twinkle lights for fun colored ones, stockings are up and the tree is lit! It's only half done but we're getting there. Now a staple around my house for this festive month is banana bread. Loaves and loaves of banana bread. To be specific, Easy Classic Banana Bread.
- 3-4 bananas, very ripe (around 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until completely combined.
- Add the eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas. Add to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes (depending on your oven), rotating halfway through baking. If the top gets dark brown before the middle is cooked, cover gently with a piece of foil and continue baking.
- When a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean, remove the bread from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for l0 minutes. Serve warm.