- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup 100% pure cranberry juice (use cranberry cocktail for a sweeter version)
- Orange slices for garnish, crushed ice for serving
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, cinnamon stick and orange zest and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until cranberries are popping, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Pour light rum, dark, rum, cranberry juice, and lemon juice into the cranberry mixture. Chill in the fridge until completely cooled, about 30-40 minutes.
- Strain the liquid from the mixture into a pourable container, saving the cranberries. Add crushed ice to glasses and pour juice over the top. Add a spoonful of saved cranberries to the glass. Garnish with a thin orange slice and serve.