Decadent Double Chocolate Chewy BROWNIES!!!! My ultimate dessert. I could never say no to a brownie; chewy, thick, and full of chocolate. Best. Thing. EVER! I love this particular recipe because it's all done in one bowl (say what???). Yup, one bowl. It's so easy. Keep your kitchen clean and get yummy, rich, decadent brownies out of it? Yes please.
Since brownies come in all shapes and sizes, this recipe is of the chewy, somewhat cake-like variety. They're delicious. Instead of the traditional melted chocolate and butter mixture, I used of a good cocoa powder and, of course, chocolate chips for chunks of melty chocolate because seriously. Gotta have those. But back to the cocoa powder. I've discovered that the use of cocoa powder as opposed to the melted chocolate and butter results in a deeper, richer chocolate flavor, aka "Decadent Double Chocolate Chewy Brownies."
Now I didn't want these to be too much like cake because, let's face it, I would've just made a cake. I like my brownies chewy and if you try these, you will too. Trust me. An easy trick to give you that "chewy" factor is to use dark brown sugar along with regular white granulated sugar. The moisture of the brown sugar keeps the brownies from getting to dry, giving you that wondrously chewy result.
Now, excuse me while I go eat 3 of these delicious Decadent Double Chocolate Chewy Brownies for breakfast. No seriously....:-)Print
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, sugars, salt and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into the mixture until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until middle is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.