I’m melting. I’ve been melting. You’d think I’d be used to this weather coming from southern california. It hasn’t even hit 100 degrees and I’m dying. However. There’s a reason I moved to the pacific northwest. Cool weather? Rain??!? Also, everyone in Los Angeles has an air conditioner. If you live there and you don’t you. are. insane. I’ve discovered air conditioning is quite the commodity up here. Honestly, most of the time, we don’t even need it. But omgineedonenow. RIGHT now as it appears the dog days of August have shown up a month and a half early.
Ok. There is a purpose to this heated rant (see what I did there? ok anyway). Basically, I refuse to use the oven, stove, anything heat related until the weather cools down. Or I finally get my air conditioner. Ergo, a no bake, easy peezy, 10 minute dessert with minimal prep and pretty much no effort. Summer Berries with Limoncello Whipped Cream is a WIN! It’s also delicious sooooo WINWIN!
A light, simple, easy AND quick summer dessert. I shall outline:
- Rinse fruit. Put on plate. Done with the berries.
- Whisk (if you have a standing mixer you get to do even less!) whipped cream ingredients. Put on top of berries. Done with the cream.
- Drizzle some honey. ALL done.
Seriously. This Summer Berries with Limoncello Whipped Cream recipe is so fast, easy, and ridiculously delicious considering how simple and quick it is. It even happens to be red….white….and BLUE!!!! Perfect as a dessert for this 4th of July. Speaking of which, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!! Have a fun (and safe) holiday celebrating the USofA and be sure to serve/bring this dessert to the bajillion BBQ’s you’ll be attending this weekend 🙂Print
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Limoncello Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon clover honey, for drizzling
- Gently rinse berries and set aside to dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and Limoncello until it forms soft peaks.
- Place a couple large spoonfuls of the whipped cream onto a plate. Put about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of berries on top. Place another spoonful on top of the whipped cream.
- Drizzle with the honey and serve immediately.