I shall explain.
- This pasta dish only takes 15 minutes from start to finish. 15 MINUTES!!!! Need I say more? (Probably not, but I'm going to).
- The only thing you have to cook is the linguine. In a pot on the stove for 10 minutes. Super easy. No oven. Yessss summer food.
- It only has 5 ingredients!! Linguine, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, basil and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Done and done.
15 minutes, 5 ingredients, just cook the pasta. YES PLEASE!
I can't even tell you how much I love this dish. Or how often I've made it (pretty much all the time). So simple and easy! With fresh halved cherry tomatoes and slivers of basil, just a couple ingredients go a loooong way. Trust me, whip this up on a hot day and there won't be a leftover in sight!!
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise (grape tomatoes work as well)
- 2 bunches of fresh basil, sliced in a thin
- (about a 1/2 cup)
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, thinly grated for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle (about 3 tablespoons)
- (Fresh ground black pepper to taste)
- Add linguine to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook about 9 minutes for al dente or 10 minutes for a more tender pasta. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, halve the tomatoes and chiffonade the basil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pasta with olive oil until coated.
- Add the tomatoes and basil, toss until combined.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.