This salad promises the beginning of warmer, brighter days to come. Fresh berries, creamy feta cheese, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette (super easy!) make this a must eat this spring, either as a side salad or a main dish. Just top with some grilled chicken and it's a full meal!
Also, if you're not a fan of feta, feel free to switch up the cheese. I actually had a hard time deciding between bleu and feta myself. If you're just not a soft cheese person at all (gasp!), head on over to that cheese stall at the farmer market and experiment! In any case, whatever cheese you choose, this salad is thrown together in 10 minutes so you have no excuse but to enjoy this fresh bite of spring. Preferably out on the porch, with your feet up and glass of sparkling vino in your hand 🙂Print
- 14 oz pack of mixed baby spring greens (spinach, arugula, lettuces, chard, radicchio)
- 8 oz strawberries, cored and sliced thin
- 8 oz blackberries
- ½ cup gold raisins
- ½ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, toss mixed greens, strawberries, blackberries, and raisins together. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Pour about half of the dressing over the salad mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle almonds and feta on top and drizzle with the rest of the dressing. Serve immediately.