Mimosas! The world renowned brunch beverage. What could be more perfect for a Mother’s Day breakfast celebration? How about Sparkling Raspberry Lemon Mimosas? A bit of a twist on the classic brunch beverage.
Traditionally made with orange juice and champagne, it’s about 2/3 of that sparkling deliciousness and 1/3 juice. Or just a splash of juice…Really it’s an excuse to have champagne at breakfast. And why not??
Some people use grenadine, bitters, sugar cubes, etc. This time, I kept it simple and basic but with a slight twist: I like to use raspberry lemonade for a sweeter, lighter flavor and of course top with fresh, sugared raspberries. I just love the color. Perfect for Valentine’s Day as well!
Now run off to the store, grab a bottle of your favorite champagne (Chandon all the way) and whip up a quick batch of Sparkling Raspberry Lemon Mimosas to celebrate! Mothers everywhere will be impressed 🙂
- 4 ounces chilled Brut Champagne or sparkling wine, cork just popped
- 2 ounces raspberry lemonade, pulp strained out if desired
- Fresh raspberries, sprinkled with white granulated sugar
- Pour about 2 ounces of champagne into a champagne flute (about ⅔ of the way up)
- Pour about 1 ounce of raspberry lemonade into the flute (almost filling the flute).
- Top with fresh sugared raspberries. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to take a photo and tag it with #aberdeenskitchen. I can't wait to see what you cook up!