OK guys. Cheese. It’s a serious business in my house. Seriously. Other than chocolate (obviously), cheese is pretty much the love of my life.
Now let’s take a look at this recipe… Feta cheese? Check. Cheddar cheese? Check. Add some healthy veggies and a little buttermilk for that extra yummy flavor? Check. Oh man. All that delicious packed into one muffin? Yes please and thank you.
These gloriously cheesy muffins with healthy veggies can be eaten for breakfast, as a side to a dinner in place of boring ol’ biscuits and bread, or just for kicks as an afternoon snack, which is possibly my favorite. Best of all? Super easy recipe that takes only 25 minutes to bake in the oven! Done and done.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- 1⅓ cups buttermilk
- ½ large red or orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 cups raw baby spinach, diced (measure out before dicing)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- In a separate, medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, cheese, corn, bell pepper, and spinach.
- Add the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared baking tray. Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 25-30 minutes until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Best served warm.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to take a photo and tag it with #aberdeenskitchen. I can't wait to see what you cook up!