It's my birthday week!!! And yes you read that right: "week". Technically my birthday isn't until November 7th but I'm turning the big 3-5 this year so I'm starting the celebrations early with a Lord of the Rings 🧝🏻♀️ marathon and a spiced pear gin fizz cocktail 🥂!
What Makes This Spiced Pear Gin Fizz Festive
First, a homemade spiced pear vanilla simple syrup. The base is the same as a regular simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water) and is cooked the exact same way. The difference? Throw in some diced pear, a few spices, and a dash of vanilla extract. Strain when done!
Apart from those two details, this spiced pear gin fizz is same as the classic cocktail! Grab your favorite gin, some lemon juice, and a splash of that special simple syrup shake in a cocktail shaker until combined. Top with a splash of club soda and voila.
Cheers friends! Happy birthday to me 😂😎. Recipe below!
The perfect cocktail for the holidays, jazz up your gin fizz with a homemade spiced pear simple syrup and a festive sugared rim.
For the Cocktail
- 2 ounces Gin (I used High Goal Luxury Gin)
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce spiced pear simple syrup (more or less as desired for sweetness)
- Club soda (I used Betty Buzz Meyer Lemon Club Soda for an extra little lemon kick)
- Pear slice, thyme sprig, and star anice for garnish
For the Spiced Pear Simple Syrup
- 1 cup diced pear (I used a Bartlett pear)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground all spice
For the Spiced Sugared Rim
Make the Spiced Pear Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Strain into a container and chill until completely cooled. Makes about ½ cup of syrup. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Make the Cocktail
- Optional: For the sugared rim, whisk together all ingredients and pour onto a plate. Moisten the edge of each glass with a lemon wedge and dip into the sugar plate.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, shake together the gin, lemon juice, and spiced pear simple syrup for 30 seconds, until shaker frosts over.
- Pour into sugar rimmed glasses. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a pear slice, a piece of star anise or a cinnamon stick, and a sprig of fresh thyme. Cheers!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes