This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I'm a sucker for IKEA. My entire house may or may not be full of IKEA stuff 😬. But apart from their fabulous DIY furniture, they also have those Swedish meatballs with gravy and ligonberry sauce over mashed potatoes...😍. Copycat recipe time! Introducing easy baked Swedish meatballs with homemade gravy.
Why Bake These Easy Baked Swedish Meatballs
Less oil splatter? Check. Less oil in general aka a smidge healthier? Check. Less hands on time? Check check check. AKA winwinwin. Mix up all the ingredients in a bowl, roll 'em up, pop on a sheet pan, and bake for 30 minutes. That's it!
Not sure what to serve them with? Classic pairing: mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Another traditional addition? A big ol' bowl of egg noodles.
Grab the recipe below!
Easy Baked Swedish Meatballs
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 25-30 Meatballs 1x
These perfectly spiced pork and beef meatballs are drizzled with a homemade gravy and done in less than an hour! Serve with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce for extra yums.
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup parsley, minced + extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Roughly chopped parsley for garnish
For the Gravy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt, ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for the meatballs together until completely combined.
- Roll the mixture into about 25 meatballs, around the size of a heaping tablespoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through (temps at 165°F).
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the gravy:
- Make the gravy: while the meatballs are cooking, melt butter in a medium, non stick sauce pan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour until completely combined. Let cook 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Slowly pour in broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Slowly whisk in warmed whipping cream and nutmeg. Cook 4-5, until gravy reaches desired thickness, whisking frequently. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove meatballs from oven. Drizzle with gravy, garnish with parsley, and serve with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
These meatballs look so delish! My son loves meatballs so I'll be trying these soon. Just so you know, in the ingredient list for the meatballs, the second ingredient down, it just says ground and that's it...so not sure what you were wanting to add?? Thanks!