Introducing one of our weeknight go to favorite recipes: 30 minute, dairy free, sheet pan chicken teriyaki!
It's been a bit crazy here at home the past week. We're finally finishing the bathroom remodel but due to living in a straight up construction zone, I can't be bothered with any dinners that take more than 30 minutes.
Cannot. Be. Bothered.
Ergo, sheet pan chicken teriyaki! Super nutritious, chock full o' veggies, ONE pan, and dairy free.
Oh and it only takes 30 minutes 🙌🏻.
You do need to make the teriyaki sauce in a small pot BUT its easy peez and still super simple to clean up.
Scroll down for the recipe!Print
Quick and easy week night chicken teriyaki with veggies recipe all done on a sheet pan in just 30 minutes!
FOR THE TERIYAKI SAUCE
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste or ground ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
For the Chicken and Veggies
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb broccoli florettes
- 3-4 large carrots carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1-2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, fresh sliced green onion and chives for garnish
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water to make a slurry. Set aside. In a small pot, whisk together all ingredients (except the slurry) until combined. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer. Whisk in the corn starch slurry and cook 1-2 minutes, until thickened. Set aside in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the chicken and veggies (except for the snap peas) in half of the teriyaki sauce. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet and stir sugar snap peas in with the chicken and veggies. Place back in the oven and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with remaining teriyaki sauce, and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion, and chives. Serve over rice and enjoy!