There's been quite of bit of ordering delivery in our household lately, so I'm attempting to hit the reset button! Trying to lighten up some of our meals this week, starting with these sweet potato healthy chicken avocado wraps.
Stuffed with kale salad mix to ensure a solid leafy greens serving, these light and easy wraps are done in just 15 minutes!
You also might be asking what makes them a "sweet potato" wrap? Welp, for extra nutrients, I was able to snag some sprouted whole grain sweet potato wraps from Angelic Bakehouse and I'm obsessed. I've been using them in place of regular tortillas! Angelic Bakehouse has a couple other types too but these are my fave.
Another awesome thing about these wraps? They're a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. Just chop it up and drizzle it with some homemade cilantro avocado dressing for extra yums.
Scroll down for the recipe!Print
Light and healthy sweet potato wraps recipe , stuffed with chicken, kale salad mix, a little mustard, and a homemade cilantro avocado dressing. Great for using up leftover chicken!
For the Wraps
- 4 sweet potato wraps
- Whole grain mustard as desired
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 bag Kale salad mix
- Pepitas as desired
- Ripe avocado, diced as desired
For the Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and steams
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (1 clove is fine)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more as desired)
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients for the salad dressing in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add more water as desired to thin out the dressing. Make sure to taste test after adding water and adjust seasonings as desired!
- Spread mustard on sweet potato wraps. Drizzle with some cilantro avocado dressing.
- Layer remaining ingredients as follows: kale salad mix, chicken, avocado, pepitas, and more dressing as desired. Roll up and enjoy!