Seafood time! It's a decently rare occurrence in our household so get SUPER excited okay? Introducing an easy peezy, lemon squeezy, absolutely delicious skillet lemon dill baked salmon!
My friend Kate told me she cooked up some salmon filets on the stove with basically just a jar of freshly squeezed lemon juice...uuuuum I obviously had to make that immediately 🤯😍.
And ohmygod, it's SO good! I added white wine, some fresh dill, and butter (duh) for extra yums.
OH PS. Major bonus points? This entire recipe is done in just ONE skillet! An oven safe one to be exact. Easy to cook, easy to clean, and done in less than 30 minutes?? Winwinsolidwin.
Try this skillet lemon dill baked salmon by scrolling down!Print
Done in less than 30 minutes, this zesty, gluten free salmon recipe is all cooked up in just one skillet!
- 16 ounces skin on salmon filet, cut into 2 evenly sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 6-8 lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Brush skinless sides with 1 tablespoon of ht olive oil. Again on the skinless side, evenly season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Cook for 30 seconds to one minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour white wine into skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom.
- Add half of the dill and the unsalted butter to the pan. Cook until butter is melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add salmon to the pan skin side down. Cook for 1 minute, spooning the pan sauce over the top of the salmon.
- Remove skillet from heat. Top salmon filets with lemon slices and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork (reaches an internal temperature of 145˚F.)
- Remove skillet from oven. Garnish with remaining dill as desired and serve immediately.