Have you ever tried an avocado vinaigrette? Sounds weird right? Well, I'm here to tell you, it's delicious. Especially when paired with all the makings of a greek salad! Introducing the greek avocado chicken salad.
OK so. This salad is pretty much your standard greek salad (feta, kalamata, cucumber, tomato, red onion, and some fresh oregano on a bed of greens) but with one wonderfully delectable creamy twist: avocado lemon vinaigrette.
Here's what's up: blend a ripe avocado up with some fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a little water, and salt and pepper to taste. That's it! Toss your salad makings together with hearty scoops of this vinaigrette and drizzle with some balsamic vinegar for extra yums.
This is also one of those great ways to use up already baked chicken hanging out in your fridge! But no worries if you don't have any, I've included how to cook them up from scratch in the recipe 😎.
Are you ready to give this loaded greek avocado salad a try?? Scroll down for the recipe!Print
This delicious, loaded salad is dressed up with a zesty, creamy avocado lemon vinaigrette. Gluten free!
For the Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large avocado, cored and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup English cucumber, halved and sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly minced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, sliced
- 2 cups mixed spring greens
For the Avocado Vinaigrette
- 1 large, ripe avocado, cored
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Coarse salt, ground black pepper to taste
- Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle both sides liberally with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until the temperature reaches 165°F, about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest for five minutes. Slice and chill until ready to serve.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together ingredients for vinaigrette until completely combined.
- Toss all ingredients, including sliced chicken, for the salad and avocado vinaigrette together in a large bowl. Add an extra drizzle of balsamic vinegar if desired and enjoy!