Did YOU know that you can make granola that tastes like banana bread?! Because I didn't and now I do and I'm obsessed. Crunchy walnut banana bread granola, my favorite granola recipe to date.
It's my new go to for a morning yogurt parfait and a little snack to fix that sweet tooth craving that always hits in the evening.
Also, this banana bread granola is vegan and gluten free! Don't you just love it when that happens?
PS. Feel free to add some dark chocolate chunks/chips for a little extra sweet treat! Recipe below 😊.Print
Quick and simple banana bread inspired granola recipe perfect on top of yogurt, with a splash of milk, or even as a snack on the go. Vegan and gluten free!
- 3 cups gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup ripe banana, mashed (about 1 large or 2 small bananas)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease a large baking sheet or prepare with a silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add mashed bananas, vanilla extract, molasses and coconut oil. Stir together until completely mixed.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely on a wire rack, stirring occasionally to avoid the hardened granola shelf effect .
- Store in an airtight jar and enjoy with yogurt, milk, or just as a snack!