Ready for my final Christmas cocktail of 2020? An easy, refreshing, and simple sparkling elderflower gin cocktail!
Wanna know a secret? I found this recipe buried deep in my photos from last Christmas.
Honestly, I don't even know what happened. Better late (a YEAR late 🤦🏼♀️) than never right?
Anyhoo, about this sparkling gin elderflower cocktail. It's actually adapted from the book "The Starless Sea" which was a version of the Drowning Ophelia cocktail from Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Super easy, quick, and refreshing, this beverage is made from just 4 ingredients: your favorite gin, some freshly squeezed lemon juice, a teaspoon or 2 of elderflower liqueur, and a splash of champagne or sparkling Prosecco on top. That's it! Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of lemon.
Say cheers with to the almost end of 2020 with a sparkling gin elderflower cocktail, recipe below!Print
A quick, easy, and refreshing cocktail with gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, and a champagne float! Inspired by Shakespeare's "Drowning Ophelia" drink adaptation from the book "The Starless Sea".
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 2 teaspoons elderflower liqueur
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Champagne or Prosecco for topping
- Rosemary sprig, lemon slice for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake together gin, lemon juice, and elderflower liqueur.
- Strain into desired glass. Top with a splash of champagne. Add a sprig of rosemary and slice of lemon to garnish. Serve immediately.