Whoops! Another forgotten post that got lost in the depths of my Adobe Lightroom photo catalogue 😅. It's still technically autumn though, AND it's not pumpkin. It's butternut squash based so really you can have this all winter long! Say hello to a deliciously creamy butternut squash pasta.
Side note: how adorable are these butternut squash pasta noodles?? They're a seasonal fall zucchette pasta and they look like little pumpkins 😍. Having said that, you can use any butternut squash based pasta you want. These were just so perfectly festive!
Aside from the pasta itself, the wonderfully creamy sauce is also butternut squash based: canned puree and freshly diced. Combined with a splash of skim milk, some vegetable broth, and parmesan cheese, you'll get the most DE-licious, creamy pan sauce. Fresh garlic, sage, and baby spinach added for extra yums!
Oh and did I mention this creamy butternut squash pasta is also vegetarian and gluten free?? Scroll down for the recipe 👍🏻.Print
Quick and easy butternut squash pasta recipe done in just 20 minutes! Vegetarian and gluten free.
- 1 lb butternut squash pasta (I used a festive Fall Zucchette Pasta)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, roughly diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, roughly minced
- 15 ounces butternut squash puree
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- Cook butternut squash pasta according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butternut squash and cook for 5-6 minutes, until somewhat softened, stirring frequently.
- Add baby spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, until somewhat wilted.
- Add garlic and sage and cook 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add butternut squash puree, vegetable broth, and skim milk to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until somewhat thickened, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.