I think I may actually have a reason to truly enjoy the season of summer now: grilled nectarine burrata prosciutto salad!
I'm not even a big prosciutto fan and I'm obsessed with this recipe. I could eat it pretty much every day for the rest of my life.
Also, if you lean more towards the meatless side of foodie, simply remove it and you've got a delicious vegetarian dish!
Reasons why this grilled nectarine burrata prosciutto salad is the best? I have a couple 😎.
One: It's appropriate for literally every meal of the day. Breakfast? Yup. Lunch? For sure. Dinner? Absolutely. Every snack in between? Definitely.
Two: Burrata. Essentially a mozzarella shell with a super creamy filling, it's the most heavenly cheese ever created. Pair it with grilled fruit, prosciutto, and a lemon herb vinaigrette drizzle? 😍.
Grilled nectarine burrata prosciutto salad recipe below!Print
The best way to enjoy juicy summertime nectarines, grilled up with cherries, tomatoes, burrata cheese, sliced prosciutto, drizzled with a lemon herb vinaigrette.
For the Salad
- 4 nectarines, pitted and quartered
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, torn
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, halved and cut into eighths
- ½ cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- ½ cup mixed baby spring greens
- Finishing salt, fresh ground black pepper
- Grilled baguette, for serving
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt, fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Preheat a grill or heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Slice nectarines halves into eighths and lightly brush with a little olive oil.
- Place nectarine slices on the grill and cook 2-3 minutes until grill marks have formed and are slightly softened. Flip and repeat, cooking another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the greens, cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomato slices, cherries, and vinaigrette. Top with burrata and prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with any remaining fresh herbs, ground black pepper and garnish with finishing salt. Serve with toasted baguette as desired.