When you just need a little more caffeine in the morning but another cup of coffee will give you the serious jitters, try this green tea matcha smoothie!
This blended beverage is the perfect pick me up breakfast on the go, or snack in the mid afternoon to stave off that 2 PM snoozy feeling. You know when you’re yawning at your desk falling asleep at your computer in the middle of the day? The worst!
Also, it’s ridiculously healthy: baby spinach, banana, mango, plain non fat yogurt, unsweetened coconut milk, freshly brewed and cooled green tea, ground flax seed, and of course, matcha powder.
A whole serving of veggies and fruit with a little caffeine kick? Yes please!
Bonus tip: you can definitely blend this delectable morning beverage before hand and freeze it until ready to eat. Just put in the fridge to defrost for a little bit and you’re good to go. Check out the green tea matcha smoothie recipe down below!Print
The perfect pick me up, energizing smoothie with delicious and healthy ingredients: green tea, banana, mango, yogurt, spinach, coconut milk, and of course, matcha powder!
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon Matcha powder
- 1/2 cup plain non fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup prepared green tea, cooled
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add water as desired for consistency. Pour into glasses and enjoy chilled!
Feel free to substitute your favorite milk! Dairy milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.
Plain greek yogurt can also be used instead of regular plain yogurt.