I gotta be honest, blender pancakes are one of my favorite breakfasts. Dump everything in the blender, blend till smooth. Then cook up on your favorite griddle (or skillet) and that's it. Oh and guess what? Now I've made a healthy (well, healthier), gluten free version: fluffy banana oat pancakes!
Did you ever think flourless pancakes could be light, fluffy, and delectable? Spoiler alert, they can! Who knew right? These use gluten free rolled oats for a truly gluten free breakfast.
Also? NO added sugar! The not so secret ingredient...bananas. Overly ripe bananas. The more brown spots the better.
Another plus in case you need one more: they really do taste like real pancakes. When I first tested this recipe out I have to admit I was shocked. Absolutely delicious! No buttermilk, no flour, just bananas, oats, coconut milk, and few baking spices.
Scroll down to get the fluffy banana oat pancakes below!Print
Use up leftover, ripe bananas with these super light, healthy, gluten free pancakes that taste just like the classic!
- 3 medium, ripe bananas
- 3 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- Butter for grilling
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup of pancake batter and pour onto skillet or griddle.
- Cook until little bubbles start to form, about 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for another minute. Remove to a plate and repeat this process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, compote, fruit, you name it!