Anyone else getting a serious cakes of the snoozies around 2ish these days? I generally get the mid afternoon nap feels if I’m hanging at home…which is all the time now. Matcha green tea latte to the rescue!
I’m going to be straight with you. I got bored of regular tea in the afternoon but I can’t deal with a cup of coffee after 12 pm. I’m not that strong of a coffee drinker yet (maybe one day). Ergo, the matcha green tea latte.
Super quick, easy, and delicious, it’s the perfect afternoon pick me up! Customize as you want: regular milk, soy, almond, coconut, lactose free, whatever you prefer. Add your favorite sweetener, as much or as little as desired. This latte can be lactose free, sugar free, even straight vegan! All up to you.
Scroll down for this matcha green tea latte recipe!Print
A Japanese inspired green matcha latte recipe. Add your favorite milk and sweetener, can be dairy free, sugar free, and/or vegan!
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4–8 ounces steamed milk (about 1/2 to 1 cup – I used toasted coconut almond milk – this will not result in very much frothy milk but is SO tasty)
- 2 teaspoons sweetener (sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- Mix hot water and matcha powder in your favorite mug. Stir until matcha powder is dissolved completely in the water.
- If you don’t have a steamer, scald 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk in the microwave, or on the stove. Using a frother or an immersion blender, froth the milk until you have about 1/2 to 1 cup.
- Pour steamed milk into the matcha mixture, making sure to pour the milk from underneath the frothy top.
- Gently stir in desired sweetened. Top with frothy milk. Serve warm and enjoy!